MAKING OUR BEER HOTEL TRULY EPIC
If you walked through the doors of a craft beer hotel, what would you want to discover inside? We’re not talking hypothetically here – the awesome DogHouse Columbus is taking shape next to our Ohio brewery, and as the world’s first crowdfunded craft beer hotel and sour brewery it will have all manner of cool shit inside. But we are building it for you. So let us know what epic features we should install.
Because if we use your idea, we’ll reward you with a FREE night’s accommodation there!
Since our Columbus beer-themed hotel and sour facility topped out at a frankly incredible 433% Funded on IndieGoGo we have set to work on getting the DogHouse built – and we are hoping to open the doors to the first guests next summer. Plenty of time to pimp it to the max.
Currently our hotel will feature:-
· Punk IPA on tap in every room
· Minibars of epic beer curated by James and Martin
· En-suite bathrooms with shower-beer fridges
· Craft beer-themed dining in our pairing restaurant
· A Punk IPA Jacuzzi (no, really)
· Malted Barley Massages, Hop Facemasks and other treatments
· Views of our fermenting foeders from every room
Sound good? We thought so. So if you have an idea just as amazing, let’s hear it!
Add your idea below as a comment or hit us up by tweeting @BrewDogUSA on social media. It could be anything; with the DogHouse roof still to go on literally the sky’s the limit. So whether you figure homebrew kits should be in every room, the wallpaper should be spun from hop leaves or Chocolate Malt should be in the cereal selection at breakfast then we want to hear about it.
Nothing is too crazy, no ideas are too small. After all, we gave away the recipes of every beer we ever made, so it’s only fair we should outsource the features of our hotel to the people who will be enjoying it. Don’t forget – any idea we use will score that person a FREE night’s stay at the DogHouse. So get thinking! What would you like to see in a BrewDog Hotel?
Join the Discussion
Definitely somehow integrate with untappd - maybe rewards for checking in there if you're staying?
Love the design your own label idea. Maybe like the coke bottles -- a name or something.
Spent grain pretzels are delicious, they'd be a great welcome item too.
Also, like the idea of a "Design Your Own Label Station" where you could make your own label. Maybe it's an app? You could add a photo, add text, work within a template. Get it printed and put on a bottle to take home as a souvenir. Guests could order it on the app and it could be ready to go at check-out.
Umm... BEER WATERBED
Greenhouse to teach youth or visitors about the growing process.
Beer cheese bar (hot dogs, bread, french fries, etc.).
Which beers you had. Pictures you took. People you met.
Plus, if you use beacons, you can give an overall better experience to us. Unlocking updated information as users moves through the hotel.
For example, give an introduction to the room ammenities as you enter the room the first time (like the curated beers in the minibar). The specials when you enter the bar or the brewery. Things to do in Columbus as you walk out the door. What parts of the hotel you havent visited yet. A reminder of what you did in your last visit.
Frosted Glasses in the room
Paint N Parties on the weekends
Hangover Menu for Room Service between 11 pm- 3 am
Instead of board games have drinking games, Quarters, Flip Cup, Beer Pong
Have a can of 5 am saint, at the front desk free to anyone who comes down at 5 am
A reception hall for people to rent out for holiday parties or weddings where they could stay on sight
All-Inclusive Options between beers and food
1 complimentary beer per adult at time of arrival
Hotel TV station that runs past and present commercials, both US and European
The inroom tap should look like a dog, that the tap is a leg and it appears the dog is peeing when getting your draft.
A beer/food pairing list for Room Service
Or installing dumb-waiters (I hope you know what that is) for each room to deliver the guests' fav brews directly to their room?
Or a giant waterslide, complete with twists and turns, that delivers guests into a pool full of PUNK IPA?
Or a fitness room on one of the higher floors with gigantic windows overlooking the brewhouse? (motivation to workout to the max!)
Or in-room safes that have a charging plug already inside the safe so you can recharge your electronics in a secure location?
Or a BrewDog Library (Cellar) where guests can enjoy special BrewDog brews from years past...aka cellared BrewDog?
Or an alarm clock in every room with the alarm sound "pshhttt....glug, glug, glug, glug, glug!"? :)
Beer sprinkler system
Fire extinguisher beer kegs for on demand keg stand or gargoyles
Beer water slides
Maybe even suggest guests with similar likes & dislikes
Room to room & group chat etc
Promote the hotel community
Beer classes on how to brow beer
All the types of beer as in gummy bottles e.g. dead pony as in a gummy bear bottle
Punk IPA flaverd mouthwash
Brew dog slippers and pjs
Brew dog hot tub
Brew dog gift when leaving
Live stream of the bars in the rooms, with your local being on when you walk into the room.
A beer slide into the pool that looks like a big 500ml can or bottle
I think that all of the door knob from the inside of every room should have a bottle opener incorporated.
(not sure if this matters but I already submitted this comment without being logged in a few minutes ago)
Oh, and Hot Scothies available in the bar!
Doggy Daycare option
TV channel live feed of beer production
Human + dog treats from spent grain
Beer tasting classes
Event weekends with brewery collabs.
Giant chessboard with beers as pieces
Outdoor fire pits / mixer area with heat umbrellas
Beer and hiking tours (Hocking Hills etc)
You still got that beat up van you sold from or similar to make a great smoker for an outside ribs bar - hop smoked ribs emmm
Dog potty stations
Draft shaped shower handle
Draft shaped soap/shampoo/conditiner dispensers in the shower! (Maybe just in the suites)
2) Menu - play up your Scottish roots at breakfast. After a hearty night of beers, I can't think of anything better than a traditional breakfast: eggs, rashers, bangers, tatties, broiled tomato, baked beans, mushrooms, puddings...all of it. (And...as far as dinner goes, maybe we skip the haggis. Just saying.)
3) Guest-only beers - dream up a beer that you can only get as a guest at the hotel...something done in small quantities, draft only, limited run...it'd give you guys a chance to do something truly custom and truly unique
2. Mini fridges sized to keep growlers and/or cans purchased from the tap room chilled.
3. Indoor/outdoor pool with swim-up bar.
Art Gallery selling rare prints and from illustrators.
A few ideas
1) Board games added to each room as this is a key feature of any BrewDog bar - allowing for the typical epic friendly vibe
2) as well as the draught Punk IPA in the room (which will be legendary) a growler of your current favourite available BrewDog in your room - chilled and ready!
3) pool tables - except the currency is BrewDog bottle tops!
Dog sitting/walking service, assuming the hotel is dog friendly.
Nurses (someone eligible to perform) who can provide saline drips in the morning to battle dehydration/hangover.
- A beamed projection mapping on the hotel outside walls translating data form the brewing process into some random generated version of the brewdog logo, label design, or name generator for a new beer name. So depending on values, gained from the sensors inside the brewery it will select random words/letters from a social media input from the Brewdog community.
- Having the Brewdog logo made from glass (containing like a keg volume) filled with the latest brewed beer in the center of the bar. "Lock" it with a riddle, barking (yes from a dog) sequence or whatever. The person that unlocks the riddle gets to share the beer thats kept inside the big glass logo with his friends/other hotel guests.
- Build a secret passage to some kind of treasure room filled with nice brews.
- Once you sit down at a table, the table "knows" what your favourite Brewdog beers are and lets you know which ones are available at that very moment (technical interesting concept! :D)
Let me know if you guys need more of this kind of input. I'll be happy to do some brainstorming!
firstname.lastname@example.org if you need me!
Have a nice Christmas!
You could also have some UnTappd badges. People go ape-shit over UnTappd stuff.
Learn to brew sessions - Grainfather or something
A top dog food and beer pairing menu - some standard but also epic 7 course jobs with different beers for each
A reward scheme - linked to your shareholder number, where points are collected for all purchases (like Marriott) instead of Bronze, Silver, Gold & Platinum it could be dog breeds. Anyway the point is, beer gift on arrival depending on your level.
Or just a free pint of Punk when you check in, poured at reception.
2. Complimentary bottles of your choice on check in.
3. Design and Engrave a brewdog bottle
4. Live feed of blue jackets games to the bar
Live entertainment possibly if there was a bbq area?
oh and discounts for aberdonians in case you forget your roots
High fence of course so the dogs can be there also ????
Breeding shaped floats for a pool
Brewdog themed beer coolers for the Jacuzzi
Normal and Foot Golf with golf buggies containing stocked beer fridges (don't forget the bar for the 19th hole).
Special themed suites based on a variety of beers e.g. Punk suite, Tokyo suite, Albino Squid Assassin aquarium.
Handmade soap from beer.
"Live brewing dog pack" --> sleep at the hotel, spend your days in the spa AND make your very own brew (with the help of the brewing crew). THEN, put it on tap on an exclusive line in the pub...(and have some sent home to you of course).
:) :) :)
-A giant ball pit
-Mini golf course
-Beer school: workshops and classes on making beer
-Rescue center for dogs with a yard where guests can play with dogs who are looking for homes
2. Make the hotel dog friendly (ever thought of BrewDog collars?)
Tour packages to other breweries and interesting craft beer hot spots respectively hop spots
Cooperation with the Cicerone Certification Program, Certified Cicerone Exams
Beer Masterclasses with Tastings in the evening
A Brewdog bathrobe and sauna with dry hopped sauna infusion
- Pot noodles
- Brewdog Dressing gown and Slippers
Foot Golf Course
Brewdog bath mat and towels.
Live feed from the brewery into the rooms so you can watch your favourite Brewdog beer being made.
Brewdog Cereals [Cocoa Physco puffs] or variants of granola with little pieces of freeze dried Elvis Juice or Punk IPA or even Cocoa Physco chunks.
Live DogTap tap list available on a tablet/screen in every room
Pre-order your beers at DogTap from your room/reception
Host your own private beer and food pairing dinners (with exclusive access beers for EFPs)